You know how at the end of the year everyone gets all gushy about what happened in the past twelve months, and all hopeful for what will come in the next? Yeah, I do that too—I’m not unique.
What I won’t do is draw out the gushyness, because really, this blog covers most of 2011 and all of its joys.
Highlights from 2011
- Went to Seattle on a gorgeous day, a good friend along for the ride in his own boat.
- Saw tall ships!
- Went on a buddy-boat overnight trip to Blake Island and lived to tell about it.
Me: “Hey you!”
Krystal: “Hi, how are you?”
Me: “I’m fine, how are you?”
Me: “Oh my gosh! CONGRATULATIONS!”
Gushing, cooing, and laughing ensued.
Goals for 2012
- Look amazing. I want to look more like a lady and less like a slob. This will be challenging as I’m generally pretty lazy about my appearance and I have a love affair with my sweatpants. But when I see other girls who look great, I envy them and I’m inspired by their sense of femininity and grace. My plan is to enroll the help of Krystal (the pregnant friend from above, who will hopefully deliver her baby girl any day now!) to get me dressed up in style.
- Make money. 2011, amazing as it was in so many respects, was a life filled with poverty. Being poor isn’t romantic—it’s stressful, worrisome, and not fun at all. I hope to make 2012 a little more cashy green, by doing what I love: writing.
- Cross-train and cut. One of the gifts I was given for Christmas was a membership to our very cool YMCA, which among other things has a pool. My goal is to kick box three days a week and swim three days a week. None of that will matter, though, if I don’t cut out some bad eating habits. So, just like most of the population, in 2012 I hope to eat a little better.
- Sail to the San Juan Islands, and maybe get up to Canada!
- Start a new chapter in life: I want to be somewhat vague about this one, but my close friends and family will know what I mean. What God has planned, I cannot ever be sure. But I really do feel like, for the first time ever, I’m ready to enter a new chapter of life.
What about you?
What were some of your highlights for 2011? What will 2012 bring for you?