A villain doesn’t think of himself or herself as being a bad person. They have virtues and morals just like everyone else, only with a twist. Below are some of the common life themes Joseph Madrid, the antagonist in my novel Jaden Baker, lives by:
- Where there’s a will, there’s a way to break it.
- If at fist you don’t succeed, become a psychologist, hone your skill, and try, try again.
- Keep your friends close, until they get in your way.
- If you want something done right, you’ve got to tell a destructive lie to the man in charge, do it yourself, and accomplish the task in a fraction of the time.
- All is fair when love enters war.